Types of kits: BASIC – CAR – PET.
The FIRST AID kit can be included inside either the BASIC or CAR kit.
A BASIC kit should include the following:
- Water – 3 gallons per person per day
- Food – 3 days (72 hours) supply of non-perishables, can opener if needed, mess kit/utensils if needed.
- Light – Flashlight (hand crank or battery operated), light sticks.
- Heat – Emergency heat in a can (directions for making one given upon request) , wool blend blanket or sleeping bag, light weight stove & fuel, hand/body warmers, poncho, waterproof matches.
- Shelter – Tent or tarp and rope, duct tape
- Clothing – A complete outfit, extra socks & underwear, hat, shoes & gloves.
- Communications – Hand crank or battery operated radio, cell phone and/or two-way radios.
- Personal Sanitation – Soap, toothbrush/paste, comb, tissues or TP, washcloth, small towel or chamois, deodorant, sanitary protection for women, diapers for baby.
- Money – $20 in small bills and change, credit card
- Important papers – Copies of documents important to your family (birth certificates, marriage license, will, insurance forms, phone numbers, credit card information.
- Stress relievers – Games, books, inspirational reading. For children – small toys, paper/pen/crayons, favorite security items.
- Special items – Medications, extra pair of glasses/contacts & lens supplies, denture needs.
- First-Aid – bandages, gauze, tape, scissors, antiseptic, anti-bacterial soap, aspirin, diarrhea medication, syrup of Ipecac, thermometer, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol (swabs), gloves, matches, tweezers.
- 2 liter bottle of water Booster Cable
- Fix a Flat™ 12 oz can (non-flammable) or small air compressor Multi Purpose Tool w/ Pouch
- Screw drivers, socket set, jack Flashlight
- Chemical Glow Stick Tie Down – 18”
- Help Sign Siphon Pump
- Plastic Gloves Cloth Gloves
- Cable Ties – 30 UL Electrical Tape and duct tape
- Space (Wool type) Blanket Rain Poncho
- First Aid Kit
- Shot records Picture ID
- Water Food
- Medicine if taking Feeding dishes
- Blanket Toy
- Portable litter box/litter (for cat) Crate or carrier
- Plastic bags Plastic gloves